Degoya Dispatch

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Degoya Dispatch
Degoya Dispatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://degoyadispatch.forumotion.com

Astro-Ninjas of the Night Sky--anyone else remember it? Empty Astro-Ninjas of the Night Sky--anyone else remember it?

Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:18 pm
Anyone here who watched TV Odyssey remember Astro-Ninjas of the Night Sky? I caught it a few times when it aired.

I remember it was a very Power Rangers type of show. It was about some teens who got selected to be... Astronauts? I think? And had to battle alien space monsters. I have fond memories of some pretty good-looking rubber suit monsters stomping around dioramas or standing in the middle of the desert. I seem to remember they didn't do any Megazord stuff, either--the kids got in a spaceship sometimes, but they never got any giant robots to fight with. They had to get creative to fight the kaiju, which was cool. It also made for some really clever greenscreen stuff. I have a vivid memory of one of the heroes hiding behind a wall where a big, greenscreened eye looks around for them in the background. Really dang cool.

The one time I brought the show up on another forum, one person mentioned some kind of end-of-series plot twist that blew their mind as a kid. Hoping someone else here knows more about this show. Are there any known Odyssey tapes containing episodes? How long did it run?
Telemachus
Telemachus

Astro-Ninjas of the Night Sky--anyone else remember it? Empty Re: Astro-Ninjas of the Night Sky--anyone else remember it?

Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:53 pm
A premise evocative of the so-called "Power" Rangers (inferior to their Super Sentai counterparts), absent the iconic Mega-Zord, but with a space-age twist.
So often, the author saves their most daring twists for just past the moment they could have reignited the viewer's interest.
Like an last ember of a torch left on the floor, abandoned by its once-holder, a hopeful spark finds purchase for only a moment before it fades entirely.

Doesn't ring a bell unfortunately.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum