Degoya Dispatch

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Degoya Dispatch
Degoya Dispatch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://degoyadispatch.forumotion.com

Potential Odyssey Tape: Xxaagreus? Empty Potential Odyssey Tape: Xxaagreus?

Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:05 pm
I found what I think could be an Odyssey tape at the pawn shop... Or could have BEEN an Odyssey tape Razz

It's been taped over with a Buffy episode, but there's just a tiny snippet of an ad for a new arcade game called Xxaagreus. It's showing live action footage of a guy in a Greek/Roman outfit fighting a big rubber suit monster in a cave, then a logo for the game.

I seem to remember someone on another forum mentioning this game in a discussion of Deep Lake. What's the verdict: is Xxaagreus a Deep Lake thing? Do I have a tiny piece of an ad from TV Odyssey? Let me know!

263779910 likes this post

Hootie Stalefish
Hootie Stalefish

Potential Odyssey Tape: Xxaagreus? Empty Re: Potential Odyssey Tape: Xxaagreus?

Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:02 pm
So, and this is just what the arcade rat I knew told me back in '97, there was this location test for some fantasy action game happening around New Mexico and Colorado (maybe parts of the Panhandles too), sometime in '93 IIRC. Apparently they were also AB testing different names in the process, and I recognize Xxaagreus since he mentioned that a few times when we talked about the local Aladdin's Castle. Not sure if I saw an ad like that though.

Admin and 263779910 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:16 pm
Hootie Stalefish wrote:So, and this is just what the arcade rat I knew told me back in '97, there was this location test for some fantasy action game happening around New Mexico and Colorado (maybe parts of the Panhandles too), sometime in '93 IIRC. Apparently they were also AB testing different names in the process, and I recognize Xxaagreus since he mentioned that a few times when we talked about the local Aladdin's Castle. Not sure if I saw an ad like that though.

Huh. Guess I'll need to pop into Vector Void or some other VG forum. Thanks!

Ataphoi88
Ataphoi88

Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:06 pm
No.

shadowBugs
shadowBugs

Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:03 pm
Ataphoi88 wrote:No.
?? It's in your profile pic my guy

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:46 pm
Some updates after doing some digging of my own on Vector Void: Xxaagreus was a cabinet made by Vertex Electronica, a company based in Deep Lake. I almost definitely found an Odyssey Tape!

There’s apparently still a running cabinet over at the Galaxia Arcade in town. Neat.

As for Ataphoi88, not sure what your deal is. I direct your attention to the rules. Don’t make me put my foot down.

Hootie Stalefish and 263779910 like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum